Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The Rabbit Proof Fence || Film Reflection

 For English a couple of days ago we watched a film titled; The Rabbit Proof Fence.

The film was about three girls that were taken from their family during the time of the stolen generations. This time was focused on Australia where aboriginal kids were taken away from their families and given to white families to breed out their aboriginal genes. The three girls named Gracie, Molly and Daisy ran away from the place they were taken to and travelled uninhabitable land and rough terrain to return to their home in Jigalong. 
I admired these girls courage and determination to get back home, how smart they were with avoiding the authorities and going against the law purely to return to their true families. I really liked the film, as it told a true story of these girls escape mission and was really meaningful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malia!
    I'm Kaia (your sister) I really like this blog post it was fascinating especially the stolen generation because I wasn't sure what that was until I saw this. It made me think of the aboriginal art we are working on in Room 5. If you would like to see my learning come check out my blog at https://kpskaiar.blogspot.com/

    - Sincerely Kaia

    ReplyDelete